Chris Cakes is the original pancake catering company that flips flapjacks... by the millions! Developed in Pocahontas, Iowa in the late 1960's, we use a custom designed grill and dispensing unit that allows us to feed large and small groups extremely fast and efficiently. Add a dose of humor and some fancy pancake flipping and you have a one-of-a-kind event that people just love to watch while they enjoy our delicious pancakes!
You can fill out our online request form, or call (316-516-7783) or fax (316-776-9121) your request to have us perform at your next event. All messages and requests will be answered "As Fast As A Flapjack Flipper Can Flip Her Flapjacks"! Chris Cakes will cater any event including fundraisers, open houses, special events, benefits, grand openings... the list is endless! We use our own brand of pancake mix that was developed especially for Chris Cakes. Only the finest ingredients go into our recipe. Also, we will make our pancake mix available to your group if you would like to sell some at your pancake feed to make extra money. Since we are considered a wholesale vender, we are designed to help you and your group put on your pancake feed. We will provide all the equipment and food that you will need. Your group gets involved by helping with the setup, serving and light cleanup at the end of the feed.
By using your group for some of the manpower, Chris Cakes can offer you an extremely nutritious meal at a very low cost. In fact, we know of no other caterer that will offer the services and food that we offer for anywhere near the same price! The first week of the month PRIOR to your event taking place, you will receive a confirmation sheet highlighting the details as to what to expect from Chris Cakes and what we will need from your group. This helps both parties to see that everything will run as smoothly as possible.
Don't forget that every Chris Cakes function includes all the pancakes you can eat! Do you want to try for the record? It stands at 72 pancakes right now!
SHORT STACK, HALF STACK and HOT STACK will flip for you!
Typical setup and equipment.
Hot dog cart.
Here are some thoughts on how you can enhance and/or increase your profits at a Chris Cakes fundraiser. (Hint: The more people that you have involved with your event, the more parents, relatives and friends are going to attend!)
- Have a craft or bake sale off to the side.
- Have a local choir sing or school band put on a performance.
- You can sell booth spaces to local business people or to parents to sell items (Avon, Mary Kay, Tupperware, Pampered Chef, etc.) or show off their professions.
- Try to pick a "neutral" place to hold your event. Schools work well. It's hard to attract people to come to a location they are not associated with or know little about.
- If you are trying to raise money for a particular person or cause, be sure to advertise that fact.
- Seek out free and cheap ways to advertise your event. Selling tickets in advance to friends and relatives works well. Remember - we only charge you for how many people actually eat, not how many tickets you sell. I am not in favor of children selling anything door to door.
- Other means of advertising could include: local TV stations, articles in your local newspaper, or signs at the event location set up several days in advance.
- Mention that Chris Cakes is doing the pancakes!!! THIS ALWAYS WORKS!
- Invite "McGruff the Crime Dog" or other positive role models or mascots to be present.
- Do your pancake feed during your school's Book Fair.
- Invite local policemen, firemen, ambulance (EMS) or National Guard to attend. Have them bring some of their specialized equipment to demonstrate and show off.
- Have a breakfast with Santa, the Easter Bunny or other character in sync with a particular holiday or season.
- Do a "Pancakes for Pops," "Pancakes for Moms" or "Pancakes for Grandparents." Have them come on a school morning to have breakfast with you! These are really successful and popular events.
- Try to get a local sports hero or other local celebrities to attend and promote your event.
- Have pancake contests (eating, best poster, most pre-sold tickets, etc).
These are just a few ideas I have collected over the years. If you have any other good ideas that work for you, let me know! Good luck!